Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not much progress

Clearly this baby knows it should have had another ~3 weeks in utero.* I'm just 1-2 cm dilated and will shortly receive a second dose of cytotec. I was approved to do some pacing around so hopefully gravity can help a little bit. The doctor will be returning around 5 and maybe by then I'll be having stronger contractions and he can break my water at that time. So the plan is...
Pace for about 5 more minutes.
Have cytotec administered (it is a pill that is deposited in my cervix).
Lay in prone position while cytotec dissolves and to monitor baby.
Pace more.
Doctor checks again.
It will soon be 24 hours in this room. I am hungry and tired, but it is going to be ok.

*When this baby is older, it's going to think Rosalie has always been our favorite since she got an extra three weeks in the womb. Nothing a trip to Disney can't fix, I'm sure.

No comments: