Thursday, January 5, 2012

24 hours later

We know you're sitting at your browsers hitting the refresh button, so here is the latest.

I was at 4 cm at 5:30 and my doctor then broke my water. There is no going back now! Contractions are regular, and we're thinking I won't need pitocin at this point.

Because Rob's lunch post was possibly the most entertaining update all day, we thought you should know he got a salad from the cafeteria for dinner. It was the most thoughtful thing he could have done- selecting a food I would have no desire to eat (I had jello for breakfast and 8 saltines for lunch).

Also, Rosalie has a fever and cold, so we have made an appointment for her to see the doctor tomorrow. She is under the excellent care of Mimi, Muvey, and Grandpa, but we hope this doesn't derail her plans to meet the baby.

Speaking of excellent care (sarcasm), I just had a nurse NOT know why the IV was beeping. Rob solved the big mystery once he suggested the battery was low. He was right, and his prize is a baby- soon!

4 comments:

Colleen Nutter said...

I really am hitting the refresh button about every 20 minutes :) I am so excited for you guys. Wishing you well from the nutters!

mary ellen oshaughnessey said...

I came home and got right on the computer to keep track of your progress. So exciting.

Shawnee Hill Folk said...

Sounds like things are moving!!! Good luck momma!

Shawnee Hill Folk said...

Sounds like things are moving!!! Good luck momma!