Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Baby's Journey in the Womb (by Mary)

I still have 5+ plus months left of pregnancy, but our little peanut has already had fun experiences. Here are some highlights of his/her journey:
- Janice & Tim's wedding
- My 26th birthday. Jill and Josh surprised me from Chicago, and we went to a tapas restaurant for dinner.
- A handful of water aerobics classes, and I can tell peanut is going to like the water!
- Ray & Colleen's wedding, and since I was a bridesmaid, peanut had a big day!
- Fireworks in Buffalo Grove on the 4th of July and in Champaign on the 5th of July
- Spending an afternoon at Kickapoo with Dot and Brian, including a hike where I spotted all the wildlife (a turtle and dozens of bugs)

I'm looking forward to taking peanut on many other trips, but I have noticed that my body is working overtime taking care of him/her, so it does exhaust me more than pre-pregnancy. We always have an open door for visitors to our home, though. Just keep in mind this could be the last time you stay at our house without a baby waking you up in the middle of the night :)

No comments: