Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quick Updates (by Mary)

It is busy season for Rob and me. Home projects, family occasions, and work are all overloading us right now.

We are eagerly anticipating our new deck, and mostly our new hot tub, that should be finalized in hopefully three weeks.

There were two baptisms this week. On the family front, Rob was godfather on Sunday at Evan's beautiful baptism. Check out our adorable nephew by clicking our photo link to the right.

The nasty storm from Tuesday night baptized our new laminate floors with water. (And, yes, we have a sump pump!) We honestly have no idea where the water came from, but it has collected puddles underneath our laminate. If it wasn't for our under layment, the laminate would already be ruined. We're investigating various ways to have the water sucked up, but in the meantime, we hear fun mushy noises in various spots around the bedroom. We're open to suggestions.

Rob was in the studio until after midnight on Tuesday, while I was at home alone searching desperately for one of our three flashlights. Even though I consider myself a purger, not a hoarder, I have quickly learned that practically everything in our storage room needs to go. Anyone else have junk (or treasure) for a garage sale?

The Joe Diffie and Mark Chesnutt concert tomorrow night has become Rob's new wife. I can't wait until the divorce is finalized tomorrow night at about 11pm, so that I can have him all to myself again :)

I've been keeping myself busy at work as well, as Jan and I prepare for budget. Any over/under on when the Governor is going to approve the state's budget?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan is adorable. Rob looks like a great godfather. :-) Mary, I love your hair! That's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

I look just like dad... at least my ears do.