Monday, June 9, 2008

Inaugural Illinois Marathon! (by Mary)

While weaning myself off of wedding-mania, I talked to the race director of the Inaugural Illinois Marathon on the phone, and now I'm on the committee!

After most races I attend, I always feel like I could have coordinated the event better, so here's my opportunity!

I definitely want all of my friends and family, runners and walkers, young and old, to take part in the events on April 11, 2009. There will be a 5K if you want to walk, Kids Race (with an Easter egg hunt!), half-marathon, full-marathon, and team relay. April 11 is the Saturday before Easter, but this can just be added to your Easter weekend activities!

Illini Radio Group (WIXY 100.3, Mix 94.5, 92.5 The Chief, and Extra 99.1) is going to be the major media sponsor of the event, and Rob will be running the full marathon with bib number 1003.

Registration and course maps are available on the website.

I am hoping to get a golf cart and walkie-talkie on the day of, but until then, I get a zip-up jacket and business cards!

No comments: