Monday, May 19, 2008

Rockford Marathon (by Mary)

We went to Rockton this weekend. My parents and Mary's sister Sarah and her family (inc. nieces) came Sat night for a "surprise" bday party at Mary's parent's house. Mary knew her sister was coming... so the only surprise was my parents.

Sunday was the Rockford Marathon and Half Marathon. I'm not trying to brag but I finished the Rockford Half Marathon in my personal best time: 1:51:22. That put me at 148th out of 592. I'm not trying to brag, but I also finished 12th amongst males 30-34 years old.

I'm not trying to brag, but our friend Ben Schneider (Dot's bro) won the full marathon (and $500) in 2:36:30. As soon as he crossed the finish line, he did an interview with two tv stations (here's a link to one). I think that's remarkable considering when I finished, I could barely say "bathroom." Here's a link to one of the tv news stories.

No comments: