Monday, May 26, 2008

Awesome Long Weekend (by Mary)

Friday was my 25th birthday (as Rob made very clear in an earlier post). I took the day off of work knowing that it is the last thing I would want to do as I struggle through my quarter-life crisis. Here are the highlights of the past four days (in chronological order):

1) orange sweet rolls for breakfast on Friday (can I get a mmm mmm?);
2) getting my hair cut even shorter;
3) my first acupuncture appointment (I don't think I'll ever understand what happened, but it seems to have seriously reduced my pain);
4) best birthday ever with all of my surprises, including the surprise visit from Amanda and Ryan, the stretch hummer, and celebrating with Jamie, Dave, Jon, Kelly, and Ron...hopefully I'll get pictures from Amanda to post soon;
5) eating a classic memorial day meal with Jamie and Erik on Sunday, and Jamie beating Rob at Rummy 500;
6) visiting the McLeese party in Monticello;
7) shopping at the mall today and buying clothes I didn't have to pay for, thanks to giftcards;
8) Rob and I starting a 1,000 piece puzzle at 4:00 and then getting half way through it by 7:00.

No comments: