Saturday, April 26, 2008

Paintball Rocks! (by Rob)

My company had a work outing yesterday to play paintball. Playing paintball with the boss and secretary and everyone else doesn't sound fun - but it was! There's something very liberating about shooting at your boss.

We went to Salt Fork Paintball outside Sidney, IL (owned by a 19 year old, btw). It's a nice wooded area with plenty of obstacles. For example, there's a six-foot-long picket fence with one picket missing so you can shoot through it right in the middle of the woods.

We played three games. The first was "Defend the Fort." One team tries to plant the flag inside the other's fort. The second was "Over the Bridge." Two members of your team try to carry a container "of explosives" across a bridge while the other team defends it. The third was "Every Man For Himself."

I got hit pretty good three times... but this morning, after my shower, Mary found three additional welts on my body I can't account for. The welts look a little like a mix of a hickie and a bruise.

My boss says we're going to paintball as a group again late summer/early spring. I can't wait!

No comments: