Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm a Nerd (by Rob)

I'm sure there are 1000s of reasons why I'm a nerd. Here are three:

1) I got the biggest kick the other day...literally... when I stuck a 9-Volt battery on my tongue to test it. It was scary. I used to do it all the time as a kid - but there I was, with a battery I was sure was 99% dead, taking deep breaths, getting the battery close to my tongue, then chickening out. Finally, I just did it. It wasn't painful at all. In fact, it kind of tickled.

2) This is my list of things to do:
- buy grass seed to fill bare spots in lawn
- clean and lay carpet in storage room
- pack for niece Bridget's baptism this weekend in Monroe
- go to the exercise store to buy insoles for my shoes

3) I'm getting my bike tuned-up today so I can start riding it to work. Exercise? Sure - it's two miles there, two miles back. But I'm doing it mostly to save money on gas. The one downfall is that I've been taking snacks to work in a bag. That's going to be more difficult on my bike. So maybe, just maybe, I'll install a basket.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

but we love you anyway....and I did see a great wicker bike basket with flowers on it at the store this weekend. Let me know if you're interested :)