Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend Apart (by Mary)

This weekend Rob's sister, Tina, is getting married in Geneva, NY. The wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful, in a castle (!!!), Rob is the minister; however, I'm going to be missing out.

Once Rob and I found out I was pregnant, we knew the wedding would come in the third trimester of my pregnancy. After some research, we learned that pregnant women can safely travel up to 36 weeks, and even later with a doctor's note. This is true for normal fliers, but I'm a high-stress, anxiety-prone flier. Because I have had panic attacks while flying previously, my practioner informed us this stress could cause early labor, and the thought of going into early labor makes me more anxious. It is even more complicated that the closest airport to the event is a small airport, which means small, propellor planes get you there.

So Rob is leaving early Friday morning for a romantic weekend without me, and I'll be at home for some true "me time." Maybe I'll be really productive, start some early nesting, and organize our closets or something.

I think it is more likely that I will spend the weekend reading reviews for baby products and online shopping :) Anyone in CU feel free to text and get me out of the house!

No comments: