Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Inside Scoop on the Illinois Marathon (by Mary)

In between watching Rob play Zelda (which is, admittingly, quite interesting) and reading up on New Zealand activities, I have continued my work on the Illinois Marathon Organizing Committee. It is just 3 months away now! I am so excited that many of our friends and family are going to partake in this event! If you have not registered yet, you should soon. As extra motivation, here is an image of the finisher shirt (for half and full marathoners). It is made of the "tech" material, and I am told that it looks great with jeans.
As of yesterday, over 2,500 runners have registered for the races, and they don't even know about the tech shirt yet! We have over 100 volunteers, but we still needs hundreds more. If you want to volunteer instead of run, let me know! I was on air on the four Illini Radio Group radio stations this morning. Because I had morning voice on WIXY, here's a clip of my interview on Mix 94.5 (press the play triangle on the left).


The course has been Boston certified, and a map of it is available on the marathon website.

I'm afraid our guest bedrooms are all booked for the weekend, but we do still have some comfy couches.

No comments: