Sunday, October 19, 2008

Indy Marathon and Tailgating (Rob)

Do you see that smile? That was before the pain kicked in. I swore at mile 19 that I would never run a marathon again (which I say after every marathon). Today, I think I could do another (which I say after every marathon) and I think I could run it faster next time (which I say after every marathon). I finished in 4 hrs, 23 mins, and 11 secs. But that includes my two minute potty break.

After the race, the ride home, and a hot tub, our friends Dot, Brian, Jill, and Josh came to tailgate and watch the Illini game. We stayed until halftime - the Illini were up 21 to 7 (they won 55-13). We played a Battle of the Sexes like-game and The Newleywed Game, hot tubbed (again) - and Sunday we picked apples at Curtis Orchard.

1 comment:

Jill said...

We had such a blast that night!!! Great picture! :)