Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cup for the Illinois Marathon! (by Mary)

Rob and I had an eventful, fun, and exhausting three-day weekend. We woke up at 5am on Friday morning, and had an extremely long day working the Chicago Marathon Expo at the McCormick Place. We stood for 11 hours, and distributed over 8,000 cups. Needless to say, but I'm going to whine about it anyway, my feet still ache!
Rob is convinced he persuaded every person he gave a cup to to run the marathon.

We slept soundly at Jill and Josh's on Friday night, and it was nice to visit with them, even though it was brief. We worked the Expo another six hours on Saturday morning, then took off for Lafayette, Indiana.

Did I mention I've been promoted from the Aid Station Coordinator to the Volunteer Coordinator? Rob saw it coming once the Race Director wanted to talk to me in person about something. I thought I was in trouble! Haha, I have always had such a fear (respect?) for authority.

Saturday evening in Lafayette, Dot and Wally hosted some friends for an Italian themed dinner, and we viewed their beautiful pictures from their recent trip to Italy. Another short visit, but time well spent.

We returned home this afternoon, just in time to watch the most depressing Bear's game. I don't want to talk about it.

Then, a little yard work to fill our $2 Halloween decorations with leaves.


Now, time to hot tub (ahhh...) and catch up on some DVR.

1 comment:

Jill said...

"Illinois Marathon... Illinois Marathon... Illinois Marathon..........."