Friday, March 21, 2008

Oh...now I get it... (by Mary)

After we first started our blog, I didn't understand why so many people do not blog. Now, I know why. It has been almost two weeks since we've blogged, and still, there is nothing really blog-worthy.

Or, it could just be that I'm a disgruntled blogger, since nobody found my photo with Patrick Dempsey nearly as hilarious as we do. We still crack up when we look at the photo! I've never had so much fun with a carved-out-circle-for-your-face photo. Maybe it was because my head fit well, or maybe you just had to be there.

On a new topic, because of the fibro, and other things lately, I've really been pondering fairness in life. I have always been a huge advocate for all things to be fair and equal. I'm not talking about affirmative action, I'm talking about certain siblings receiving more Christmas gifts than me. My best friend, Jill, knows exactly what I'm talking about (we have already discussed how our children will receive equal gifts at the same age, and we'll keep track).

Now it is finally sinking in, that life really isn't fair. You may think it is immature to absorb this after 25 years, but consider the possibility that you haven't accepted it either. I know my notorious coworker, soon to be 43 years old, has yet to realize that life isn't fair. She is often pointing out inequities with everything in our office- usually related to closer parking, more office space, higher salary, better title, and employee classification. I used to agree with her when she pointed these things out, but now I just don't want to hear it.

This weekend we are starting our travels again. We will be driving up north for six weekends between now and June. While this really isn't fair...I'm getting over it already!

...Well, ask me on Monday. Have a happy easter!

No comments: