Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sick as a dog (by Mary)

I have been stuck in bed all weekend with a cold-like flu (versus stomach flu). I did not get anything done that was on my to-do list, so I thought I would get our blog moving along. BTW, why couldn't I be this sick during the work week? Being sick on your free time is the worst. I have a good work ethic, I just get a huge amount of sick leave that I could spare :)

Speaking of sick leave, I should share with all of you that last week I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Most of you know that I have been experiencing chest pain since the wedding. I had several tests done on my heart, blood tests to check my thyroid and for arthritis, and a cat scan to check for a blood clot. The tests were all normal, but the drugs my doctor prescribed to me for muscle inflammation did not provide me with any relief. I have many of the other symptoms, including overly-tender trigger points on my body. I'm not taking any medication for this yet- I am going to try alternative approaches first. I was supposed to join a gym this weekend, but I have the flu to blame for that.

I thought I had figured out how to share photos with everyone via picassa, but this it is not working now. Rob and I will figure something else out...

To tide you over, our wedding photographer, Lisa Wilcox, just sent us a slideshow of some of our wedding photos. She cut off the "y" in my name, but it is still worth watching.

I'm rooting for Juno at tonight's Academy Awards. Rob and I are going to watch the red carpet in a few minutes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love your wedding slideshow! Mary, you looked so beautiful and you guys are just so incredibly happy together! :)