Tuesday, June 1, 2010

IL Marathon Re-Run

Mary said to me "you still have your marathon timing chip on your shoe. Is that because you still have a chip on your shoulder?"

I gave up during the 2010 IL Marathon. 3 times. Mary kept me moving toward the finish line and I did complete it, knowing I could have done much better. I kicked off the Memorial Day weekend by re-running the marathon. I dropped gatorade bottles around the course between 4a and 5a. Then, and 5, I took off from the start.

Mary and Rosalie kept in touch by text, they walked down to Sangamon where the course intersects with our street, and they were there at the finish to re-award me my medal. I had company in the last eight miles: My friend Adam walk/ran with me. I took an hour off my time.

The timing chip? Yeah, it's still on my shoe. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm just lazy.

1 comment:

Dorothy and Brian said...

Very cool idea. Maybe I'll drop Brian off by IUPUI this weekend and make him run 18.6 miles before bringing him home...