Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Marathon Aftermath

All-in-all, the Illinois Marathon was a huge success!
Chronological details:
- Friday, Marti, Terry, Wilma, Kathy, Daphne & Bridget, Sarah, Chris, Madelyn, Laura, & Bridget came to town. We had a pizza party (Papa Del's) for Evan's 1st birthday. I mention that the pizza was Papa Del's because it's the best pizza...
- Dot and Brian stayed with us to run the half-marathon. They missed the pizza party.
- Mary missed out on all of it (church, pizza, nieces and nephew, D&B) because she was working at the marathon expo until 11:50pm.
- Mary made it to bed after midnight. She woke up to go back to work for the marathon at 3am.
- Mary called me at 5am and asked me to run to Walmart and buy 200 feet of hose for one of the air stations.
FAST FORWARD
- I got to geek out and hang with Bart Yasso, Dick Beardsley, and Coach GP at the finish line for four hours. They even let me get on the microphone and help "bring the runners in."
- At 4:30pm, the entire Nutter and Anderson clan had dinner at Chevys (inc. Arnold, Tina, Ray, and Collen). The only person missing was Mary - still at the marathon.
- Mary got in home just in time to shower and get ready for my confirmation.
- After confirmation, Mary and I mingled at the church until 11:45pm.
- Mary finally got to bed after midnight.
And it's all over...

No comments: