Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby Day? Maybe?

Here is a synopsis of what is going on- mostly to log the delivery journey...

After three weeks and three days of bed rest, Rob and I checked into the hospital last night (Wednesday) to start the induction process. Wednesday marked the 37 week milestone of reaching "full-term." After much discussion with my doctor, it was determined it was best to induce now, despite my preeclampsia remaining mild.

At 6pm last night, cervidil was administered in an attempt to ripen my "unfavorable" cervix. I slept considerably well thanks to some ambien, and Rob slept great. Just as if we were at home! :)

My cervix was checked again this morning, and there was noticeable progress, but not enough to start pitocin. Now a drug call cytotec has been administered and I'm feeling hopeful as the cramping has gotten a bit more intense.

In the delivery room next door, we can hear the wail of a newborn. The baby sounds like a seagull, but makes us both excited to hear our own baby's cry.

Maybe today!

No comments: